We all want our kids to play. Playing is an integral part of growing up. But children may face the following problems if they play without adult supervision:
1. Bullying: This problem is faced by children who are younger than other kids in the group.
2. No open space: If one is staying in an independent house there will not be enough space for kids to run around and play games like soccer, tennis or cricket.
3. Lack of interpersonal skills to deal with other kids: Sometimes a child does not know how to deal with other kids. This problem is more if he comes from a nuclear family. This may result in frequent fights among kids requiring parental intervention.
So what do we do? How can we make sure that our kids enjoy childhood play safely?
We want our children to play with kids of their age, have fun, and develop physical and interpersonal skills. A very plausible solution would be to make your child join a sports academy. Nowadays there are sports complexes in almost all neighborhoods.
Following are the benefits of joining a sports academy:
1. No bullying: A coach would be present to make sure that none of the kids misbehaves and there is fair play.
2. Enough open space: Kids will get enough space to run around and play.
3. Kids will develop interpersonal skills: There would be many kids of the same age. Kids will learn to deal with each other under the supervision of the coach. They will learn to help each other. They will also learn sportsmanship.
4. Discipline: Kids will learn that they have to be on time. They will learn to follow rules and instructions.
5. Have fun: Coaches of smaller kids make a special effort to make coaching enjoyable by including games that kids enjoy playing.
6. Develop physical skills: Kids will build stamina and develop physical skills. This will help them throughout life.